Finance Manager - Maternity Leave Cover
Are you a dynamic and committed professional with a passion for helping people to turn their potential into reality?
Would you enjoy the challenges and learning opportunities presented by working in South Australia's recognised leader in autism, Autism SA?
If so, come and join a dynamic and transforming organisation that supports individuals on the autism spectrum, their families and carers, enabling them to be true to themselves, and to be brilliant.
Autism SA has a strong legacy of being a recognised leader for helping individuals on the autism spectrum and their families in Australia. People on the autism spectrum are at the centre of everything we do. Our expert team delivers a range of individualised and person centred services and support, train professionals and follow evidence based practice. With the biggest social reform for the disability sector among us, Autism SA is further embracing the opportunity for new, different and innovative ways of providing responsive and adaptable services.
We are now seeking to employ a Finance Manager to join our Corporate Services team for a 12 month maternity leave cover contract, with the possibility of extension.
If working with us would inspire you to jump out of bed each morning, contact us!
Specifically, the role is responsible for managing financial operations at the highest levels of efficiency, control and transparency.
Other responsibilities include:
- Preparation of management reports, maintenance of general ledger and fixed asset register
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and service costing calculations
- Analysis of critical performance data to provide key information for organisational decision making
- Review and development of processes and controls relating to National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) transactions
- Preparation of statutory financial report and liaison with external auditors
- Leading of a dynamic team, displaying positive leadership and strong interpersonal skills
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting
- Demonstrated ability to produce financial statements, budgets and other reports of high quality
- High level conceptual and analytical skills including the ability to interpret business performance and financial data
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and manage a small to medium size team
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices of accounting, audit, budgeting, costing, taxation and relevant legislation and statutory requirements
- CA/CPA qualification
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector
- Understanding of disability services, grant funding processes and the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- The position will be based in Autism SA’s Head Office at Netley.
For more information about this role, please contact Melissa Amee, Finance Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
For a copy of the position description please contact Human Resources: email@example.com.
Applications including a CV, statement addressing the position description and the contact details of 3 referees are required.
Significant staff benefits are available under Autism SA’s current Enterprise Agreement including salary packaging.
Appointment is subject to a current, satisfactory DSCI screening child-related Employment screening and background check.
Only applications received via our e-Recruitment website or Seek, including the answers to the shortlisting questions, will be considered.
Applications close: Monday 15 January 2018 at 9am (interviews may commence before closing date)
Interviews anticipated: January 2018
Help individuals turn their potential into reality!